Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover


Going outside to play ball with the dog this morning, I had a flashback. I was noticing all the clover growing in one particular portion of the yard. I found myself purposefully trying to find a four leaf clover when I was reminded you don't always find what you look for until you stop looking. When I was a little girl of 8 or 9 at the time, I tripped coming out of the side door of my house, where there were no steps fortunately. I tumbled out onto the grass and when I opened my eyes, there was a four leaf clover smack dab in front of my face. I often thought about that fortuitous fall and realize some times, when you are down and out, all you have to do is open your eyes to the possibilities you were unable to see from a higher perspective. That little tiny amount of hope equated in one four leaf clover can be the inspiration for unlimited possibilities. To think that I had to fall to find what I could not find when I was looking for one.

No comments: