Thursday, February 18, 2010

No Medal Contender Here


Okay, so I am watching all these young, buff athletes competing in the Olympics in Vancouver and I am beginning to feel a tad old and a bit out of shape. Perhaps that is putting it mildly. I am as old as the Man in the Moon and there is no descriptive word to describe the shape I am in. Having said that, I cannot even fathom throwing my weight down the side of a mountain and expecting to stop at the bottom. Then there are those mongul races where you are expected to kiss your knees goodbye cause I wouldn't expect to find them ever again having put them through that. Thank goodness I have no desire to luge, bobsled, ski jump, curl or snowboard. Come to think of it, I'll remain content to watch the events from the comfort of my own recliner and leave the winning of gold medals to those deserving to do so.