Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm No Little Miss Muffet



I never expected to witness the final death throes of a living being transpire in the confines of my small powder room, but I did. I took note of the smallest of a spider web strung low, almost to the floor, between the waste receptacle and sink cabinet. Caught in it's midst was a rather scrawny moth, not the fat, hairy looking kind, but a much smaller variety. It was desperately flapping its wings in its attempt to be set free. The spider was smaller than even the moth. Since I'd rather side with the underdog, I allowed nature to take its course. Even so, I felt a perverse tug of guilt which seemed so silly under the circumstances. It is said that at any given moment a person is no more than 6 feet away from a spider. So I'd best keep on their good side, is all I'm saying. One cannot be too careful.

No comments: