Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saving Face


The other day, I was out running errands and sitting at a red light, when I noticed a car going cross traffic that was being driven by a woman without a face! I was positively gobsmacked! (I've been wanting to use that word ever since I heard Susan Boyle use it. If you don't know who she is, than by all means google her.) But back to this no face business. I heard face transplants are being performed more often but would hate to think people are destitute enough to part with their face because they lost their job due to the recession. Come on people, loosing face is just an expression and should not be taken literally. Unless you are Hannibal Lecter, that is. I was absolutely pondering all of this when I noticed my right eye was a bit blurry. During allergy season, I'm sure it is relatively common for eyes to accumulate gunk. I had an eye booger! I was so relieved there was an explanation to account for that missing face but I do hope face selling does not become a lucrative profession just the same. I doubt I'd have much to worry about though but Angelina Jolie better hold on to her's!

1 comment:

fishbonesilver said...

Sue you are too funny! I just love Susan Boyle, and I love that expression gobsmacked.