Friday, March 13, 2009

Mom Morphing


When I was growing up, I was always told that I took after my father with my big brown eyes, so I am not so sure when I started to morph into becoming my Mom. Whenever I visit my Mom in the Medical Facility of the Lifetime Community Center, which she so looked forward to moving into, everyone recognizes me without being told that I am her daughter. Truth be told, this makes me sad, because my own Mother does not recognize me anymore. Strangers know what she has forgotten. But she is happy, comfortable, and well cared for without a care in the world, so it would appear. As I bid farewell today and looked into her face so much like my own, I told her "I love you, Mom. Now, what do you say back?" Expecting her to say, I love you too, I was taken aback when she looked hopeful that she came up with the right response, "Merry Christmas?" Yes, Mom, Merry Christmas to you too.

1 comment:

Vic said...

You do look like your mom in that picture, but she's beautiful, so that's a good thing.
This post said so much in relatively few words...