Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Joys of Owning Pets


Three dark O'thirty in the morning, I was sleeping like a baby with Siri the cat cradled in my arms. Out of no where, I heard erkle, erkle, bleh, splat and the sensation of warmth on my pajamas. I jumped out of bed, flew into the bathroom disrobing as I fled, washed my hands and shook on some baby powder (seemed appropriate at the time). I could still hear Siri retching elsewhere in the house. I climbed back under the covers to commence sleeping. When I awoke not wearing any pj's I knew it was not from any canoodling going on. I arose to shower, pulled open the shower curtain only to find a cat had peed on the drain. If a cat is to use the bathroom, at least they could learn to pee on the toilet. Ah, yes, yet another day of the joys of pet ownership!

2 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

The best is to just set it free now. Go ahead...I'll wait.

Murphy's Mom said...

Could be worse...we all KNOW it could be worse...hence we are grateful. :)