Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Granny in Waiting


I am so trying to be the eternal optimist by imagining the prospect of one day becoming a grandmother while I still have the capability of being able to push a baby stroller. I fear the thought of forgetting where I put my grandchild until the baby cries in need of feeding or a diaper change. I want to spoil the child while I still can. My daughter has a cat which is at least warm blooded. Not so with my sons. One has a ball python or a bald python. One or the other, not sure which. My other son has a pet named Snuggles which sounds a bit more charming than it really is. Although it never comes out in the light of day, which suits me just fine. I cannot even imagine snuggling with Snuggles, an Emperor Scorpion. Makes my Wanna Be Grandmotherly Heart swell with pride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

feel free to spoil my cat all you want, she's way better than a kid!
:D

Lilac Haven said...

I agree with your daughter. LOL