Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wake Worthy

After last evening's pitiful attempt of making sense out of nonsense, I decided I am more lucid in the mornings. I love waking up in the mornings and just sitting on the edge of my bed to allow miscellaneous ramblings pop into my head. Sometimes it is a lingering memory of what I may have dreamt. Other times, it is a popular tune or even a song in a commercial that brings itself to mind. More than often, it is a blank slate with an awareness of a slow and rhythmic breathing. It takes a momentous effort for me to even decide I want to break that self induced trance to get up and start a new day. If only that calm, restful, lull-inspiring peace could last more than just a few minutes. I try to bring it back during the day by meditating, but it is not the same. That secure warmth of contented happiness is definitely something worth waking up to.

No comments: